Monday, September 15, 2008

Fall is for Football!

As the summer comes to a close we would like to share some of the fun activities that we did that really weren't cool enough to post about. Actually, they were cool, but we just didn't get around to writing about it. Here's a recap.

A rainy spring day on campus. The trees were starting to bloom and kind of looked like palm trees.

Bridal Veil Falls

Laughing as the Mexicans try to make their way up to the falls one Sunday afternoon.


A pool that I completely wish was in our yard all summer.


Early morning hot balloners

Our vacation in McCall



Sleeping on the X-15

Grotto Falls through the Nebo Loop in Payson, Utah.

My nipples...

... are freezing!!



Steven gets his mission call!

Opening it...

... and the look that he knew he had made fun of too many Mexicans during his life. Payback will be a bitch! Just kidding.

On the set of the BYU football commercial - to be seen on an ESPN channel near Provo.


My totally sweet haircut that was not cut by Mallory.

A bunch of Kenyan kids singing during the tailgate party before the BYU/Northern Iowa football game. They were really pretty awesome!

A spare football helmet I found at the stadium while prepping for the UCLA game.

Drew and I head butting with the helmets on...
... may explain my slight retardedness... but has nothing to do with my thumbs!

Yeah... just another helmet.

Apparently Mallory likes to try on football/baseball equipment too!!


The Presidents Loge at Lavell Edwards Stadium

Cecil's view.

Finally, it was my birthday last Sunday, Sept. 7th. I hit one of the last milestones ever in my life. I turned a quarter-century old and am now fully eligible to rent a car (without paying extra fees). Anyway, Mallory kept asking me what I wanted to do for my birthday, and since it was on a Sunday I didn't really care. She kept coming up with ideas and what not and finally we decided that I would have some friends over for cake and ice cream. Anyway, Mallory told me that it would be lame because she has this misconception that I don't have any friends. Well... just because she never sees them doesn't mean I don't have friends. Therefore, I had to prove to her that I have more than "3 friends" as she previously thought. I invited them over to prove her otherwise. We ended up having 17 people over and we played Rock Band and had some awesome "Better Than Sex" cake that Mallory made. In all, it was a lot of fun and now Mallory knows that I'm not such a loser. Here's a partial team picture of the event:

3 comments:

hilla said...

Sweet new do that Mal did not cut! Does BYU honor code allow for such an un-conventional hair style as a form of expression? It's so non-conformist.

Kira said...

Do you guys know what you are having yet? Mal- have you started showing.. cause I know i have. Hope all is well you guys

Blogger said...

Using Car Rental 8 you can get cheap car rentals at over 50000 international locations.